Take your Employee Central Payroll system to the next level (Part 2)Take your Employee Central Payroll system to the next level (Part 2) https://spinifexit.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 SpinifexIT https://spinifexit.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
In this blog, we’ll step back to consider some of the challenges during implementation, both for existing on-premise customers deciding to migrate to Employee Central Payroll (ECP) and for new Customers planning to implement ECP.
This blog will focus on the Payroll Migration, but of course, you still need to implement Employee Central.
If you already have Employee Central implemented and connected to your on-premise solution, then the migration process could be much simpler as you may be able to just focus on the ECP side and know that the Employee Central configuration and setup is already there.
Moving from On-Premise? Implement, Reimplement or Migrate your Payroll
Many companies who are looking to move to Employee Central Payroll will be existing SAP On-Premise customers. If you fall into this category, you need to consider how much of your existing Payroll configuration and setup you would want to move to the Employee Central Payroll Solution.
Migrate your System
The intent of the migration is to move your configuration, and historical employee data (including payroll history) to the new Employee Central Payroll solution with the aim that it will run with minimal changes. This means less re-configuration, less testing and that you can continue to use your new system to report historical data.
Reimplement your Payroll
In some cases, customers may have areas that they have felt have always been a challenge. For example: There may be an old configuration you wish to remove, or you want to reconfigure some payroll rules to operate differently.
This is often a perfect time to do this as you have a project team and can incorporate this work into the existing project. It is also lower risk as you are only changing some areas of the configuration.
Save yourself and your company hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars!
The best course of action is to begin planning now, so you can review all the options available to you. Part of this is learning the prerequisites you’ll need to support your project more efficiently.
Aside from the migration of the payroll configuration, there are many other areas to also consider.
Some of these include:
– Will I migrate my prior history for the employees? For example: Do you move your payroll results, employee history, finance postings, year to date results into the new system?
– How do I best perform Parallel runs?
– Do I migrate my existing ABAP reports and other functionality into the new system?
– For any reports being migrated, how will I modify and maintain these into the future?
– Can all of my reports (Either custom reports or standard SAP reports) be executed from Employee Central, or by the Managers themselves?
– How will I cater for my Adhoc Requests that come up. Often we see customers go from 20-30 go live reports to hundreds in a period of 12 months. If you have adhoc requests, you want to know how you will cater for these?
– Will all your custom reports and manual reports be able to fit into the Payroll Control Center process?
– If I need additional Payroll Control Center checks, how can I add these?
Darren SouterSpinifexIT Founder & Global Architect
Get a free ECP implementation & migration checklist
Download SpinifexIT’s FREE checklist designed to guide you through your ECP implementation planning and thought process.
If you need help assessing these questions further, feel free to talk to us, or even comment down below. We can schedule a quick discussion or even refer you to some of our customers who have used our solutions for their own implementations.
Ready to move to Employee Central Payroll?
The Easy Migration solution will help you de-risk and accelerate your migration to ECP with an integrated toolset that allows full configuration and data migration copies from On-Premise to ECP, reports to validate full payroll results, runs repeated payroll tests, and identifies data and configuration inconsistencies between source and target systems for corrections.
Our Easy Migration solution helps you complete your ECP migration process 90% faster than traditional implementation times. It can help you:
- Identify and migrate your current payroll configuration to Employee Central Payroll.
- Copy current employee data and results into the new system, and
- Run reconciliation reports fast using built-in reports, powered by our SAP-Certified reporting solution
Our Easy Migration solution is also 100% integrated with other SpinifexIT solutions so it is an easy step to transition to our other products if you have the need.
What if I have already implemented ECP or plan to remain on-premise for the moment?
If you have already moved to Employee Central Payroll, or are happy to just stay with your on-premise solution for the moment, this doesn’t mean that you cannot look to areas to improve.
About 90% or more of the customers who we speak to, already have Employee Central Payroll or SAP Payroll installed and running, and are looking to improve some of their day to day manual processes.
In this case, the SpinifexIT solutions can just be installed into your existing system. The way that most customers then start to use the solutions is as follows:
- Train on how to use the solutions – This is about 3-5 days training upfront
- Identify the time-consuming processes that your team is doing, and then replace these with any of our 120 pre-delivered reports. You can also build custom reports to support your HR and Payroll information requirements. This immediately removes a lot of manual steps and starts to free up your team. Here is the YouTube case study.
- New, ad hoc requests can be delivered through Easy Reporter. Reports can be scheduled and emailed out directly to the required person so it completely removes the need for manual processing.
- If your payroll has Year End processes for Australia, USA or Canada, start to use our predefined Year End solutions.
- From here, you can continue to replace your existing manual processes with the automated Easy Reporter steps.
Over a quick period, you will be able to automate the extraction, generation and sending of your reports. Instead of spending a lot of time and effort manually building the perfect set of reports, your team can then focus on delivering a high quality service to your customers.
Employee Central Payroll is a powerful solution, but like most software solutions, will have areas that can be further streamlined. Whether this is during the implementation, streamlining payroll processes, report building or reconciliation steps, there are always many ways to further take advantage of your ECP solution.
If you decide to walk the SpinifexIT path, you will find that we are not just a software solution that is dropped into your system and rarely used.
Our team of expert consultants will work directly with your team right through the implementation and into go live to ensure you use the best practice methods from the start and build long lasting processes, based on the best practices we have seen at hundreds of other customers.
The reporting and Payroll Control Center solution (discussed in Part 1) is just part of the SpinifexIT solution set, but if you are moving to Employee Central Payroll, this is a key building block for your journey.
Along the way, you may have a need for our other solutions, and the good thing is that most of our solutions leverage off of Easy Reporter, so you are starting with the best of breed solution.
SpinifexIT solutions can be installed in a matter of hours into your system, but if you are using any of our partner’s hosted Employee Central Payroll or SAP Payroll Solutions, then our solutions are already available in their environments. Make sure to ask them about us!
Once again, here’s your simplified implementation checklist, so you can talk about your plans with your implementation partner. As always, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] for any questions.
On a side note, we hope you’re doing well, and that you and your loved ones are healthy, safe and well despite what the world is going through. We’re all in this together, and SpinifexIT will always be here to support you if you need help with our solutions.